- THE 48 HOUR RULE - Tax returns selected must be completed within 48 hours. If completed after 48 hours, the preparer will be suspended after 3 violations for a 90 days period. You are only allowed to have 5 returns in process at one time but can select favorites to hold until another return in progress is completed.
- STAY ABOVE A 3 RATING - Your performance will be rated by the CPA after each return you complete - If your rating falls below 3.0 (out of 5.0), then your account will be suspended for 90 days.
- NO MISSING SOURCE DOCUMENTS - Tax returns prepared will include all source documents. Generally there is no going back and forth with the reviewer. Any questions or discovered missing information are simply noted by the preparer. The return is still considered complete. Once you submit, your prep fee will be instantly credited to your bank account.
- PREPARE MORE AND GET PAID MORE - Your preparation fees rate will increase as you prepare more returns. Generally your fee is based on a percentage of the previous years tax fee paid by the client.
- RETURNS ARE SORTED TO YOU BASED ON YOUR QUALIFICATIONS - Tax returns are sorted based on your experience and concentration areas. However, people with higher experience will be able to prepare even simple returns.
- USE YOUR OWN DEVICES - You will need your own computer and research resources. We use Lacerte as our tax software.
- SPECIAL PROJECTS - Special projects such as bookkeeping, tax planning, business planning, etc. do not have a 48 hour completion rule but instead, have a specific due date. You are limited to 1 special project, unless approved by the workflow administrator.